Monday, August 3, 2009

Warm-up:
good mornings
back squats

6x5 back squat (45,95,135, then 3x175)
6x5 bench press (45,65,95, then 3x105)

Quick in and out of the gym to get on a mini-Starting Strength style 3x5 program. Squats were hitching a bit near the top of the last rep in the first two work sets; concentrating a bit and taking/holding a good breath at the start of the reps sorted it out by the last set. Starting the bench weight low, both to leave myself some room to go up and to avoid dropping anything on my head.

No time for deads, will try to work in before next time...

2 comments:

brian said...

When you bench alone, just make sure to leave the collars off. You can always dump safely by leaning until the weights slide off of one side. I know, embarrassing, but you won't be dead.

kenny g said...

Good idea, but I'm pretty sure the eagle-eyed staff would nail me before I ever got the bar off the rack.

They wouldn't even let me deadlift without collars...