Friday, April 29, 2011

Habits

Warm-up:
half-court box drill
dynamic squat stretching

5x5 bench press (45x5, 95x5 then 115/125/135/145/150[dna 4,5])

2 rounds of:
3 dips
5 pull-ups
10 standing plate twist (45)
15 back extensions

Getting into the gym regularly is always much easier when you're in a groove, just went in to keep myself moving today. Bench felt pretty good, probably could have gotten the last two reps up at 150 but didn't want to push it without a spotter - seen too many vids like these. Wanted to OHS, but left hip flexor still a little strained from squatting the other day - getting old aint easy...

Speaking of habits, thought I'd return to posting recipes again. Here's a super simple one for scallion-crusted broiled char we cooked last night, we had it with roasted carrots with cumin and a pea puree:



Ingredients:

  • 4 to 6 scallions
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 2 (6-ounce) pieces arctic char fillet
Preparation:

1.  Preheat broiler. Line rack of broiler pan with foil.
2.  Finely chop scallions and stir together with mayonnaise. Pat fillets dry. Place fillets, skin sides down, on broiler pan and season each fillet with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Spread scallion mixture evenly over tops of fillets.
3.  Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat until scallions are slightly charred and fish is just cooked through, about 8 minutes.

2 comments:

g said...

Nice, I am definitely trying this recipe next week. I have never made a pea puree, do you literally just puree peas?

kenny g said...

To be honest, Maggie made the peas so I'm not sure. I think it's just boil the peas and blend with a little seasoning - a stick blender makes it super easy.